Friday, September 4, 2009

Back to School Blues

So remember the grasshopper who partied all summer long, doing tequila shots and making out with the cute butterfly who was migrating through town, while the ants dutifully stocked away the season's harvest, and then the fall came, and he was chilly and hung over and hungry?

Yeah, that's me. Suddenly it's fall and nobody told me. I only did a fraction of the planning I swore I would do this summer, and this weekend (yay!) I get to play catch-up.

A meditation on Mary Jo Kopechne running through my brain, but no time to pen it now, there are passwords to reset and syllabi to design and lesson plans to write.

So, in parting, Reading Rainbow, rest in peace:
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=112312561&sc=emaf

1 comment:

Mrs. How? said...

Thanks for the good times, Mr. Burton.

Now, where can I get 26 years' worth of DVDs for MY kids? And Mr. Rogers, too, while you're at it.

* sigh *