Friday, February 1, 2013

inventory

So, not a ton going down here since yesterday--insert cathartic existential crisis music (something by Wagner, right?) here--but a few new tidbits to share.

Today is the start of the Yum Universe 30-day challenge, and I've jumped on the bandwagon! Now, as a gluten-free vegan, the places where I'll stretch aren't going to be as obvious. I'm looking forward to the opportunity to devote my focus to my food. Lately I've been eating in front of any number of digital screens, and I think it's taking its toll. This morning, breakfast in front of my window, looking out at the city, tasting my food, breathing and listening. Anything can be meditation if you let it, right?


I'm excited about what I can learn about eating clean. The starter guide has lots of useful info, and I've already learned a lot, without even having read to the end yet.

Also, just wanted to share some pictures taken in the last few weeks. Enjoy.
I've forgotten the title and painter of this, but taken at the Stanford U art museum. The use of light in this painting takes my breath away.


Women And Children First-- one of my favorite indy bookstore, in Andersonville


Took this at Touching Earth. For more about it, check in with The Urbaness, coming soon. 

No comments: